51Talk

已找到符合搜索的13条评价
查看 402 条评论
工作壓力比較大,很難有屬於自己的時間,比較適合初入職場的年輕人;但是晉升空間較小,且公司內部結構變化過快,不太適合長期發展。
工作文化
Good job if you want to stay at home and take care of your family at the same time. No travel expenses and no travel time. Good job if you can not leave the house.
工作文化
I absolutely loved teaching the kids. But when it came to trying to get help or in touch with someone about an issue, I got the runaround. The company has a habit of getting rid of teachers just to hire in new ones. I don’t know why they do this. About once a year, they go through this hiring/firing stage. They tell teachers that they didn’t comply with their contract and get rid of them. But, they won’t give specifics as to what was done wrong. I have talked to many other former teachers that this has happened to.
工作文化
I've worked for several online ESL companies over the past 3 years, and 51 Talk is the best by far, overall. They pay a decent wage , have an awesome platform and courseware, and are extremely professional and responsive.
Courseware, HR/Management
Not enough monetary incentives
工作文化
Their headquarters is ultra-competitive. That, coupled with ill-informed upper-management, makes for a toxic work environment. Rather than making changes to push the company forward, middle managers are encouraged to make change for the sake of change. A couple of examples:

-recruitment was pressured to double (DOUBLE!) the number of teachers within a single month, despite the lack of demand from students

-all private student/teacher information is stored on unsecured and poorly-designed CRM system the IT team persuaded management to build in-house

-a team of 70+ content writers re-wrote the entire curriculum 5 times in under 2 years, with no noticeable improvement or change in methodology

In general, upper-management seems more interested in tracking and mimicking the processes of their competitors, rather than moving forward based on their own staff/customer needs. Most agendas pushed through are half-baked, inefficient, and short-sited. No real long term vision; just patchwork.
flexible office hours
缺点
could write volumes on this topic
评价您最近的公司
分享您的经验以帮助其他人
工作文化
51 Talk American Academy does not value the quality of the teacher or their dedication at all. They are currently in a major economic crisis and have terminated many teachers but worst of all they have created false reasons that have no proof and refuse to discuss this will the teachers. You are a work horse for them and when they've used you up, you're of no use. Not a healthy work environment by any means and, they have had some very poor management over the last 2 years that have led to the major decline of their place in the ESL online industry.
Open schedule
缺点
pay, coommunication, rating, termination, etc ...
工作文化
The salary was good generally. But every teacher had to service 150 students and convince parents to buy more lesson packages every single day.

The location of the company was far from where I was leaving. We were signed to be English Teachers. But we were treated as sales at the same time, and it was relevant to our monthly salary.

Parents were confused with our positions at the company. In a long-term, it was very hard to keep a close relationship with every student as the workload was increasing.
工作文化
The leadership at 51Talk doesn't really have any true market experience, they are merely the founders of the company and are the last word in all strategy and legally related decisions. They refuse to understand the legal perimeters that they can work within in different countries, blatantly do not care about teacher experience, and change direction so often it's like being in a pinball machine.
colleagues are alright
缺点
expectations are vague and projections are completely off all the time
工作文化
The students and their families become your family! Though you are across the world, you form a bond that is a strange kinship. The experience made me and my husband decide to host an exchange student after our daughter is away at college! We want to host my students when they are old enough to come to the U.S.! The downsides are paying self-employment taxes of 15.3%, no benefits, strict rules with no wiggle room from management even when the problems are not on your end, and having to get up so early for work (for me that was 2:30 and 3:30 am).
工作文化
This position is exciting and satisfying. Being able to teaching these willing students over the internet is rewarding and the working atmosphere is very flexible.
The hardest part about the job is the time difference. Because there is an 11 hour time difference sometimes it makes it difficult to be available for class as much as I would want to. Considering this is an online position the workplace culture is wonderful because everything is online and the pace is what I make it. The best part about this job is meeting the students. These students are so excited about learning and and they all come prepared and ready. I also like receiving the class ratings after each session. The student/parent can rate their session and when I receive a perfect score of 100 I know that I accomplished not only what I wanted as a instructor, but I also gave my students what they need and expect to get out of the sessions.
工作文化
Pay is not guaranteed. I was led to believe this would be a full time teaching job, it is not. You can sit for 6 hours and not make money. It is fun, and worth keeping, but the system does not care for its workers in healthcare or compensation.
工作文化
Working in an institution like 51Talk gets the chance to learn more every day.. Teaching students is also having the opportunity to learn and gain more. It is nice to work in this kind of environment because while you teach you also get the chance to learn.
A lot of incentives
Penalties everywhere
工作文化
I always have a 1 on 1 lesson with a student. I'd learned how to use different method when teaching and also learned basic Chinese words, I don't have any co-workers since it's an home based job. The hardest part of the job is when the internet connection is failing. The most rewarding part is when your student thank you and tell you how good you are as their teacher.
Time management and salary