British Council标志

排序方式

是否有帮助评分时间
已找到符合搜索的16条评价查看 822 条评论
工作文化

Good place to work if you like to travel

Indeed 精选评论

Indeed 所选最有帮助的评论
Fun place to work if you like being on the go. Work can be repetitive once you get to your work site though. Great pay. The management seems to care about you if you are reasonable.

Pay, travel

缺点

toxic coworkers, posiibility of burnout
工作文化

Difficult changed. Used to be brilliant but ran it into ground when transitioned from charity to corporation.

Very illuminative of how work could be. Was relaxed, trusting, expected high standards but treated you with dignity. They were making lots of money and we were well paid, with lots of flexibility and trust. Many workers didn't seem to appreciate it.But then London squeezed it for maximum profit driving people away. Dark shadow side of British duplicity combined with spinelessness as operations just seemed to be handed over to the Chinese. It seemed to bring out the worst of both sectors resulting in a pretty brutal humiliating work environment with no respect for workers.Seemed a real parody of the wider economy. The transition showed just how good life could be under more cooperative structures and just how much money and human dignity is brurally extracted from corporate structures. Combining Chinese right wing complete freemarket capitalism with western neoliberalism dramatised just how evil, even murderous modern neoliberalism, and so contemporary British culture actually is.

优点

Used to be flexible well paid professional

Ruined by greed.

Fast-paced yet very learning

It was fast-paced yet very learning and informative for young persons looking for international platforms. The management in BC is very efficient and effective and I appreciate the environment of it and would always like to recommend to other qualified young persons to join it. Actually I already recommended many qualified friends to join and enjoy it.

Good workplace

I worked with a group of nice people who were also undergraduate students. The job required a lot of details and should be careful when handling some files and data.

Great Pay for Traveling Job

As an examiner, the pay is good but you travel all the time and your pay is only to the amount of work you sign up for. Great job for workaholics who do not mind mundane, repetitve jobs.

评价您最近的公司

分享您的经验以帮助其他人

Examiner

Being an examiner at the Btitish Council allows for progressive professional development as well as development in language assessment. Traveling is cumpulsory.

Worker drones wanted

Collegues fine; management dire. If your ideal job is one where you don't have any autonomy and your opinion is neither wanted nor respected, then the BC is the place for you.

Challenging but good money

The British Council China was a good job if you are interested in making money. There isn't much in terms of job advancement and benefits but there is consistent work available.,

Flexible Schedule

Long hours, stressful
工作文化

Travel a lot, but schedule still flexible enough

There are two main duties, administering an English oral exam and marking the candidates writing portion of the exam. We travel to provincial capitals around North China and administer the exam.
工作文化

A stressful place to work.

The work is very stressful. Very little time to sleep in every work day. Sometimes it is difficult to deal with examiners absence and candidates compliants. You need to have strong awareness of the security of test materials.

British Council的工作

查看更多职位

Wonderful Experience

Holding twice weekly lectures on western culture was quite a challenge in an environment that was new to this experience. China was breaking into the modern world and its' students were getting their first taste of alternative lives.

New and groundbreaking work

Not enough to do

Work and Life balance

I had worked for the British Council for 7 years. It's fun place that has a lot of interesting staff events for staff and families. The British Council encourage staff to work and life balance.

Easy job

+ Flexible working time + Work is easy + Opportunity for travel - Work is v repetitive - Unstable (different months have different workloads and pay)

fun, exciting

I tried to give 3 stars for the overall rating, but it wouldn't let me do it! A typical day at work is multi-faceted and diverse in terms of location - we are peripatetic, and the candidates we deal with as they are from diverse backgrounds and all ages. I learned the value of patience and tolerance as there is much that can go wrong during the course of a session where you are dealing with up to 21 different people in a day. The hardest part of the job is the early rising, often at 6am to prepare for the working day.

优点

When we travel we get to stay at the best hotels.

缺点

The repetitive nature of the job can be problematic.

Good remuneration

Lots of travelling involved; very poor, incompetent management; some fun co-workers; the hardest part of the job was its repetitive nature; I've learnt how to implement and maintain worldwide standards to the letter; learnt how to be more customer-oriented; how to adhere to strictest confidentiality requirements; most enjoyable part of the job was remuneration plus staying in 5-star hotels while travelling for work

remuneration

incompetent management

To deliver English training products

to promote English products, to deliver English projects to design projects and evaluate projects with the help of ELT expert I worked with the project manager in East China office. I leaded 1-5 interns according to different projects. The hardest part of the job is to design one project which is suitable to different market needs in China. I enjoyed working with different people, building and maintaining relationships.
查看更多关于British Council的评论