3.5星,满分5星。

已找到符合搜索的1,018条评价查看 5,839 条评论

Incredibly Good If Your Motivated

Indeed 精选评论

Indeed 所选最有帮助的评论
A good place to work if you are a motivated self starter. The sales department at low level is paid only on commision so it's not for the faint of heart. And while the commision rates are fair, a lot of the times the factors will be out of your control. Such as weather, customer mood, and holidays. Those days will be dead days for sales most times. With nothing you can do about it to make money which can be hard when you're trying to live. The company core values and benefits were really good. You meet alot of good people even at a corporate level.

Benefits, Company Core Values

Management, Uncontrollable Variables, Sustainablility

Horrible place to work

If you want to make money as a car salesman look elsewhere, the pay is horrible, it is designed to pay you as little as possible for your work. If a customer calls in or does anything online, you lose half a commission. returns the car inside seven days, you make practically nothing. cancels Maxcare inside of 90, you forfeit that commission. The sales consultant position is a revolving door because you cannot make money working here. The company lures you in with false promises, you would have a better career working at a McDonalds. Beware

benifits, sometimes free lunch

缺点

slow to no sales, overbearing sales mangers, impossible metrics, rude customers with no credit
这篇点评对您有用吗?

A job that is generally stress-free, but pays well under industry standards

What is the best part of working at the company?Sales managers are respectful and 401 match is good What is the most stressful part about working at the company?Low commissions. Commissions on many occasions are split with online customer service personnel even though the in-store sales consultants did all the workWhat is the work environment and culture like at the company?Work environment is pretty easy-going. Sales managers are respectful. Generally sales consultants work between 40 to 45 hours a week so home life is pretty good.What is a typical day like for you at the company?As a sales consultant, you generally deal with appointments whether they were made by the customer or online with a customer service representative. If you’re lucky you get a fresh walk in so you can try to make full commission. Generally, it’s a customer service job with processes in place to sell vehicles and take care of the customers.

Fun place to work at!

Working at CarMax was a very fun experience. It was my first sales job, so I was a little nervous. They have a good training program and provide an environment that helps you grow.

Productive and Fun workplace

It’s a good place to work if you want quick easy money, sales associates were pretty cool hours were more due to everyone leaving and quitting due to management

评价您最近的公司

分享您的经验以帮助其他人

Mixed Feelings

Work environment and other associates are amazing. Great benefits. ..Long work days. Expect to work 12PM- 9PM Monday through Friday (Minimum! You will work before 12PM if you have an appointment). Hours are not flexible by any means. ..Commission based pay.. commission per car is very low. Ranging from $40-$160...Overall decent company to work for.

Toxic

This was a great place to work especially since it was remote but then they decided to make changes and add new policies and have you sign them (more like pressure you) and then layoff half of the company but hide it under “not adhering to certain policies” to not ring any alarms to the Labor department.

It WAS remote

Toxic environment

Commission consistently going down

The job is great at first. You learn a lot of information related to the industry, finance world, and sales techniques. However after a while you start seeing that the pay is lower than other dealerships in the area typically less than 1% MSRP and a pay raise of less than 300$ per car. The remote team gets in your way taking half of the commission away just by simply calling the customer. Managment getting in the way and taking customers from under you to other high earning reps. If the customer even starts the process you’ll lose half the commission but have to do the same amount if not more per customer, the team setting isn’t there. Other reps only care about themselves and their money. You get no support from management, and are constantly overworked if you want to make any money. Good luck having a life while working here. The needs of the job require you to be on call 24/7. I tried taking a vacation but was guilted by Managment and my customers. During said vacation one of the customers I worked with for weeks bought a car through a different rep that was given to them by Managment. Don’t work here.

优点

Occasional free food, great training, can take your break wheneve.

缺点

Bad Managment. Pay isn’t high enough. Bad team environment.

Consistent calls

Consistent calling and promoting reasons to shop with the company. Must be able to multitask and work well in relation to Artificial Intelligence. It is a decent job.
这篇点评对您有用吗?

Great company culture and values

Company has a professional development plan for all employees, and creates a positive and collaborative environment. They value team work and encourage everyone to grow. Also, invite all to contribute to community projects.

Don't Be Fooled By The Smoke Screen

CarMax used ro be a great company to work for. I used to joke around with my customers by telling them I grew up at CarMax (Which I Did). Starting out I used to be excited about going to work because I bit into the b.s. that they feed you about caring about their associates. They reel you in during the beginning but not long after you really see what the company is about. I've worked for CarMax for several years and have seen many changes and many people come and go. The pay used to be really good but now they have figured out a way to screw their sales consultants. If a custom does any type of inquiries online the commission for the sales consultant is automatically cut in half and if 2 sales consultants get involved the commission pays out only 25% with can be as little as $40 if 2 in store consultants get involved with that customer. You can spend several hours with that customer and sometimes several days and only earn $40 for that sale.CarMax as a company reel in their applicants by advertising such wonderful benefits but in most cases you won't work there long enough to reap any of them. They love hiring college students because in most cases they won't stay with the company long anyway but still make enough money to play with while in school. Over the years they have created a way to pay less and work you harder. If you're in president's club you can somewhat make your own schedule. You get to choose your 1 day off during the week but still have to work every weekend but can choose 2 Saturdays and Sundays off of your choice out of a 6 week schedule. The -

It's a job

缺点

Lack of empathy, compassion, and integrity
这篇点评对您有用吗?

Great place to work but still a large company with flaws

Carmax is a great employer- Tons of perks like discounts on cars, the demo program where you can drive cars on the lot for 60 days, they buy lunch all the time, christmas party, etc. It is such a huge company though that sometimes it’s hard to maintain a personal level with customers because the giant corporation always wins. They can be very strict about policies and very lax about others. Every situation is not the same and trying to enforce some of these rules at a dealership turns deals south because it doesn’t work for every person. Overall the pay is decent, work life balance is whatever you make it, and the culture and atmosphere is wonderful. The technology needs a lot of improvement as well. Lots of outdated systems that crash.
这篇点评对您有用吗?

Great opportunity to grow as an individual.

What is the best part of working at the company?Great benefits and very flexible work/life balance. What is the most stressful part about working at the company?Commission structure for Sales is always changing, and finding ways to reduce our income.What is the work environment and culture like at the company?Carmax offers a lot of growth potential and opportunities to advance your career.What is a typical day like for you at the company?High energy. Strong Management team support.

Very flexible but Cutting out Sales

Good place to earn a decent income with flexibility Only downside is everything they've done to take away your earned commission the call centers a mess so they make your job harder

Company is full of lies

I started working with the company around may 30th,2023. I've never witnessed a company ever in my life lie about how much they believe in transparency. During training there was leads and managers stumbling across answer when it came down to someone asking a question. Especially regarding Commission (bonus is what they call it). You will never get a direct actual answer. Management was horrible, I was never able to get to speak with my manager for weeks. I would not recommend!
这篇点评对您有用吗?

Great pay for non-commission employees

The rules on commission change constantly. If a client so much as puts their email in the website, you get half your commission. Overall, decent company but constantly short staffed.
这篇点评对您有用吗?

Great sales training with continuous growth

Great place to get sales training if you're willing to learn. Great first time sales job if you take constructive criticism well. A LOT of customer service required. Moving up is possible if you're willing to relocate but quite difficult within own store since employee retention is good

Sales training

Micro management
这篇点评对您有用吗?

Good place to work and to buy a used car

Good place to work. Well organized coorporation with good benefits. Room for advancement. Ongoing training that help you to improved your skills. You guide the customers througn the whole process of the purchased of a used car, from the selection of the vehicle to the selection finance options, extended warraties and GAP insurance. I worked with great people, family enviroment.

优点

Better schedule for sales consultants compare with traditional car dealerships

缺点

Lower compensation compare with traditional car dealerships
这篇点评对您有用吗?

The only corp job I ever loved

I have either been 1099 or running my own business most of my life. Every now and then I get stuck and take a real job. I was at the Elicott City, MD location just west of Baltimore. There is no work/life balance at all. When you do have days off, all you want to do is sleep and chill. Good thing too, because the pay ain't great. I was in Sales, so I thought I could do better than average. But that money back guarantee bit me a few times and the general public sucks. But here's the thing... There was never any of that, this shift vs that shift or this department vs that department nonsense drama. Everyone was a team player. I had 5 managers over me. Normally in corp jobs there's always that one manager who hates me. Not here. Well, one hated me. But he was always professional and never really let it show. And my co-workers! I loved my co-workers. Every last one of them were comedians. And they weren't just helpful, they were all stand up peeps. Not a single snake in the bunch. Odd for a sales job. The entire company works hard to hire friendly, hard working, ethical people. Management does what they can to make it as enjoyable as possible. And management is truly helpful. If it wasn't for health issues, I would have stayed. Making good money is hard to find. Working with people you actually enjoy, like and trust, under managers who actually care and are helpful... That's near impossible to find.

优点

Best Culture, managers and co-workers you could ask for

缺点

No work / life balance and pay is meh...
这篇点评对您有用吗?

Easy training easy way to make customers happy and earn income, easy way to sell used cars, very helpful with the way things are, you just gotta exceed the sale goals and exceed the customer ratings

Fun at the beginning

Terrible pay for sales employee not fair long term reps get to make their schedules and they manipulate it so it's not fair they choose the busiest shift and leave the new guys with the hours that bring no traffic so it's kind of hard to hit numbers sometimes

Good pay

缺点

Some days you won't make anything

想要了解更多在这里工作的感受?