EF English First

EF English First点评

已找到符合搜索的122条评价
查看 215 条评论
工作文化
socializing skills improvement and english spoken skills enhancement
it's a big family with so many students every day and newcomers would come in each month, so I had a great chance to meet up various people which make me to change from a timid boy to become a talkative gentleman with a bit humor . During the time when I taught English in EF, I was honestly not teaching only, but also learning. You can't know all the words and things in the world. So with different people joining my activity, I could learn a lot and my outlook was dramatically expanded.
工作文化
Gateway job for new ESL teachers.
If you're new to ESL teaching and crave stability and avoid risk as a rule (like me) .
Then you should apply here. Onboarding process Is smooth, training and development program Is excellent. And dependent which city and country you are applying to the basic salary should allow for a fairly comfortable lifestyle.
Perfect for a gap-year
From the beginning it was a challenge, but I was able to overcome that. Overall, DO YOUR RESEARCH! I can't emphasis this enough. From the city of your school, to your hours, to the way that housing is going to be handled.
工作文化
Good place to built your open mind thinking
In EF there are a lot of different people who have a different nationality, such as the UK or South Africa or the USA. you will influence by their culture.
优点
built your open mind thinking
缺点
limited training
if I could give them 0 I would
Worse company ever worked for. I was fired on no grounds. aren't paid well enough for the extra time they ask you to put in. You aren't given support.
评价您最近的公司
分享您的经验以帮助其他人
工作文化
Very helpful in getting to China
EF were very helpful in every aspect of getting to China and getting you settled the first week however after that they just leave you to it, there is very little support in getting settled in beijing that is all down to your center which means it varies on how much support you get.
工作文化
Collaborative, positive, and room for development
The hardest part of the job is managing mixed-level classrooms, but the work culture is overall collaborative and positive. EF offers plenty of training for new employees.
Great
It was a great working experience, fulfilling and enjoyed it. There is some admin but overall great. Normal working hours and friendly co-workers who help each other out
Give it a try
The company does not pay as well as public schools and other learning centers but they do cover flight expenses and visa process. Good job security but bad payment.
Fun workplace
I loved working here, however the salary is not competitive. The support system is good if you need help and they make it easy to move out to China. I also made life long friends working here.
Good job
Good job. Decent pay. Flexible hours and good for traveling, good training services and great activities. International company with lots of opportunities for promotion.
工作文化
if you have a bad center: work hard, work harder, work yourself into the ground
Your experience with EF depends on your DoS and your center. My first center was awful with an awful DoS. My second center was run very well with a strong and efficient DoS that EF worked into the ground. This is a great place if you want to work really hard for okay pay, but get to explore a new culture and don't mind being taken advantage of.
工作文化
8 Things to Love about EF Shanghai! (Plus 2 Caveats to Consider)
Pros:
1. EF will help you with all the paperwork and legalities needed for living and working in China. Everything is transparent and by-the-book, no coming over on a tourist or student visa and getting paid under-the-table!

2. The pay might seem a bit low in USD, but cost of living is a lot lower in China so I actually have more spending money here after paying rent and utilities than I did as a first-year teacher in North Carolina.

3. The work hours are great: 30ACH (that's 20 hours actual teaching time and 10 hours of administrative time) regularly, and 40ACH (27 hours actual teaching time and 13 hours administrative time) during summer course and winter course. You work 5 days a week with 2 consecutive days off (different people get different days off, and no one has Saturday-Sunday off). You work about 5-7 hours a day (starting at 2pm or 3pm depending on your center) on weekday working days and 9hrs a day on weekend working days. That gives you plenty of time to explore the city, hang out with friends, and do things outside of work.

4. There are free events for teachers that you can sign up for every month (although it's a lottery system, so you're not guaranteed a spot in an event): everything from rock-climbing and skiing, to DIY scarf-decorating, to massages and manicures.

5. There are free fitness classes and Mandarin Chinese lessons offered at the EF Shanghai Headquarters.

6. EF has several societies (clubs) you can join: Hiking Society, Food Society, Theater Society, Video Game Society, Football (soccer) Society, and Fitness Society, so you can meet
 - 更多...
工作文化
They pay less than competitors, but otherwise a great experience
I loved my time at EF. They were very supportive with the visa process and had decent on-boarding/training. Compared to other schools, they pay substantially less, but they're probably the most "legit" English school in China. You can earn well over double the salary at other schools, so I recommend moving on 6 months to one year after joining.
Rewarding and challenging
Overall, I'm glad to have had the opportunity to work with EF. You are introduced into the day to day very quickly. Training is quite intense and you are thrown into classes quite quickly; this is a great way to learn about the company and settle in as an ESL teacher. The support network was good, with teachers and PAs around the office to support you if need be. The negatives would include the lack of annual leave days and work life balance. You get around 10 days for holiday which wasn't really enough for me to travel abroad as much as I would have liked.
Low pay long hours
Pros: paid time off, ongoing job training and development, closely-knit group of co-workers.

Cons: low pay, long hours, little raise opportunity even with promotion.
工作文化
Great students, but lacking in management.
Typical work day was 8- 10 hours (longer on the weekend). The students were really great and parents usually worked hard at home to help their students study English. The office environment was amazing and I have never had such a great experience with my coworkers. It made coming to work even more enjoyable.
After a while I realized that management never solved problems that came up. In fact they wouldn't show up when very serious problems happened. Many of these problems were dealing with violent children to racism. When teachers bring up very real concerns, they are doing it so that these problems can be discussed and we can create a more comfortable learning and working environment.

What I learned is that in business, it is vital to listen to employees. Parents and students notice when teachers have to leave because they are unhappy and they will, in turn be upset and ask questions.
Poor management and equality
Absolutely loved my colleagues and my kids and it is a good first step to working and living in China but progression is minimal and management pick favourites and rules change from school to school which is not fair. Wouldn’t recommend unless nothing better.
工作文化
EF Shanghai is a different animal
EF China is not EF Boston or EF S. Africa, or EF in other countries. Personal stories have informed me that work cultures are different and even experience at one place isn't transferable or applicable to increases in raises.

Management is a *coin-flip*. I've had both the good managers and the bad ones, but they keep getting replaced because no one wants to work an effective 6 days a week. Your Production Manager is not upper level management. You don't get anything from skipping your *poor* manager to tell the PM. Teachers do not get access to upper level management.

EF takes everyone and fires no one, so long as you follow basic work life courtesies: be open to criticism, don't shout/swear in a class for no reason, and don't drink in the office (there is a recent article out in China about how an EF office in Shenzhen had 6 teachers and 6 college level students arrested for drug use). They are trying to be objective in their promotion system, but in reality, upper management wants teachers to be paid as little as possible while charging as much as possible to parents who'll pay for it.

At least your visa is valid unlike some of their competitors, but the company holds your visa when by right it's yours. This is to ensure you can't easily get poached. You would have to leave the country and come back.To be fair, people have done that, but it's not that easy.

You will not have a basic weekend because you work the after school schedule. Also, the center never closes, so it's a disjointed off schedule. You won't really get to know half of your coworkers.

9/10.
 - 更多...
工作文化
EF is only concerned about themselves
They don’t care who they screw over in the long run. China is now the only country in the world I can’t work in and it is all thanks to EF. They begged me to stay, I was a senior teacher, I trained many of the new teachers. Just Bc I didn't stay, they intentionally didn’t give me my exiting letter. Which means I can never get approved for a chinese visa again. Two years later when I asked about my exiting letter they made up some lie, so as not to give it back
优点
Not many
缺点
Many
Great company. long hours
Great Company that is very reputable. They get you to China by handling the whole visa process. Some days can be hard but at the end you have to realize teaching is a job.
公司页面已被认领