VIPKid

Indeed 精选评论

Indeed 所选最有帮助的评论
公司待遇好、而且很有前景、公司文化氛围也很好;老人不欺负新人,也没有尔虞我诈。同事们都很年轻,90-95年居多。跟大家在一起工作我觉得非常开心。。
这篇点评对您有用吗?

It was a great company at the beginning, but things changed for the worse afterwards

The company provided good pay and incentives when I started working with them. A few years later, the pay, incentives, and customer service dropped. I wouldn't return.

Flexible schedule

Pay, crazy hours
这篇点评对您有用吗?

It was great while it lasted!

VIPKid was a wonderful workplace before the laws changed in China; these laws have greatly reduced the number of available students and therefore, the pay. Classes are at night or early morning because the 12 hour time difference. This company provides really good professional development and workshops to help teachers be better all the time. At this time, most teachers at VIPKid are not getting many bookings or students. The company is working to restructure after the law changes and is slowly getting back on its feet and while I am hopeful, I don't think the large number of students will be coming back.

Great career opportunity

This place is really dope! Such humble ladies and gebtlemen. Very helpful and lots of virtual workshops to help teachers with different teaching strategies. I love it!
这篇点评对您有用吗?

Great for students, not so great for teachers.

When I started the pay was good, by the time I left they had taken away all the extra incentives unless you were working a certain number of hours. It was also very difficult to get a hold of tech support when help was needed. Getting a response back from anyone took a long time and communicating was often frustrating due to language barriers and time differences.

优点

Build your own schedule, curriculum provided for you

缺点

Can be very slow to build your own clientele

评价您最近的公司

分享您的经验以帮助其他人

The students make the job fun.

VIPKid has gone through a lot of changes in the last year. It is no longer my main source of income. I believe the company will find its footing and rebuild. That is my hope for the company.
这篇点评对您有用吗?

Good

I enjoyed working with VIPKID. The number of students has decreased since the regulations from the Chinese government passed, so I have not opened spots anymore.
这篇点评对您有用吗?

Great students, everything else is mediocre or worse

This is a great company if you’d like flexibility and control of your schedule. They do have a very rigid attendance policy and coverall the company is not great to work for especially now that they pay is greatly reduced and since the hours are challenging.

Terrible attendance policy
这篇点评对您有用吗?

Great job for flexibility of schedule

Loved the job and pay but there is no HR. My students were the highlight of the job. Learning more about Chinese culture was so fascinating to me. I am so glad I decided to take a job online with VIPKID. The hours were terrible.

Flexibility

No HR

Weird

It was nice while it lasted. It was challenging to deal with things like, tech problems. There was no leinency whatsoever. It was great to work with the students.

Great while it lasted

I worked for VIPKID for 3 years and loved every minute of it! The kiddos were wonderful, the job was energizing, the hours were flexible and the pay was great for a part-time job. With new educational regulations in China, I am no longer teaching here.

Fun job!

Great job! Early hours. Chinese government dictates job security. Currently not much work due to new Chinese government guidelines. Loved the kids I have taught! Loved setting my own hours. No benefits. 1099 job.

Loose 3 days

If u loose 3 days Ure out of workVipkid fires uWait on bookingsDon’t get bookings right awayDid a lot of training on free timeDon’t get paid for training no pto No benefitThe only thing I liked was meeting a new culture across the worldI don’t suggest it
这篇点评对您有用吗?

The students are excellent and very hard workers.

This a poor underpaying company,The company needs to keep recruiting new teachers because of the high turnover rate,The teaching aspect is great because the students are dedicated, and curious learners.

优点

Positives are the dedicated hard working students.

缺点

Poor pay, Dishonest pay reductions, Thousands of employees quit, Need to keep pressing for a continuous flow of new teachers, Advancement based on poor quantitative procedures, Advancements are NOT based on the instructors merit, talent, or dedication.
这篇点评对您有用吗?

The company doesn't seem to care about the employees

The company doesn't seem to care about their employees. Classes dropped without notice. Lead teachers on to think there was hope. Majority of teachers have gone from having tons of classes to 0 within days.

Fun workplace

It was great working with kids of different ages. Fun, flexible hours, met new people, able to work any hours, and weekends availability. Good place to work.
这篇点评对您有用吗?

Most toxic environment I’ve ever worked in

Laid off with no severance, pregnant colleagues told they can’t be laid off because they are breastfeeding but once they finish they will be fired, genuinely the most toxic environment I’ve experienced.

优点

They used to give free snack bags, which is nice but this was stopped due to the financial stress the company is under

缺点

They don’t abide by employment law in China, Toxic environment of constant lay offs where employees have no idea if they will have a job or not, HR just sends an email or a message and you’re fired
这篇点评对您有用吗?

I'm really missing the days where we had students! I really hope to get into the Global site or teach adults soon

Now I might only have 2 students book the entire week, when I used to have 6-9 a day! I miss though days. I have taken all the certifications except level 1. I have learned so much from VIPKid but also from other teachers on Hutong or their facebook group, The hardest part of the job is waiting right now for a new job on the global site or with the adults. I will be happy to work either way!

优点

free certifications and workshops, tokens, Hutong, pick your payment

缺点

this waiting in between jobs right now
这篇点评对您有用吗?

Good remote work, takes a while to build your own clientele.

There are tons of teachers so it can be competitive finding students who will return to you week after week. The hours are really tough depending where you are in the world, but also working from home is great

Remote work, flexible schedule

Little pay
这篇点评对您有用吗?

Before China's new tutoring laws, VIPKid was a great way for teachers to make part or full-time pay online.

If you don't mind waking up early in the morning... The students, curriculum, and teaching platform were really great! The pay was adequate and people could make a decent side hustle, part-time, or full-time income. Teaching one-on-one allowed regular students to find you. Establishing relationships with a core group of students and watching their English develop over the years was one of the most rewarding aspects of the job.

优点

Overall students who are ready to learn. Great platform, App, and diversity of curriculums.

缺点

Not always understanding about cancelling classes for legitimate reasons, jumping through a few hoops to get excused, the company was not forthright about reasons for changing the pay structure, they tried to spin a lower pay situation as a positive, for some people, working early morning hours

VIPKid was a good gig.

It was a good gig. I am waiting to see what it will be like for the Global Version. I really learned a lot. The training is excellent. It is super difficult to get a raise.

想要了解更多在这里工作的感受?