VIPKid

已找到符合搜索的170条评价
查看 1,097 条评论
公司待遇好、而且很有前景、公司文化氛围也很好;老人不欺负新人,也没有尔虞我诈。同事们都很年轻,90-95年居多。跟大家在一起工作我觉得非常开心。。
工作文化
I’ve worked for VIPKID for 4 years and am on my 8th contract. I’ve had a positive experience overall. There have been growing pains as the company has expanded, but that happens with all businesses. I’m thankful for the work/life balance as I set my own hours.
优点
Flexibility, great kids, just teaching
缺点
Mercy of the parents for bookings and ratings
工作文化
VIPkid is a great way to earn a little extra money on the side. At first, it takes awhile to get any bookings. DO NOT miss your first week. You are boosted on the administrative side for the first week and then you are put in the same pool as the thousands of other teachers fighting to get students and regulars. After a few months of bookings you start to see your regulars and things are pretty good. You get to set your own hours, however, you work on Beijing time. Which, depending on Daylight Savings, is 12-13 hours ahead. So when students are taking classes (which is during 5-9pm at night for them, you are teaching at 5-9 in the morning. Make sure you are prepared to wake up that early. You don't necessarily have to wake up that early, but you cannot book any classes from 9am-8pm EST. Its purely early morning or late at night.
优点
great for extra cash, can make more with more classes
缺点
early mornings, not worth it with only a few classes
工作文化
I was so excited to work for VIP KID, but since COVID hit it is really hard to get clients since so many people applied. It seems there are not enough students for everybody. And now they expect you to pay to get more students? You do not get raises. You get $7 per class, which is crazy considering the amount of prep that goes with each class. There are no raises and the only ways to get more money per class are if you book over a certain amount of students. You can be an amazing teacher and not get students (because they cannot find you out of the millions of options) or you can be a subpar teacher that uses no props and still get booked. It seems so random to me. You have to work in the middle of the night if you want a lot of students it seems.
优点
You get to work from home and set your own hours (kind of) its only from like 11pm-8am
缺点
horrible pay and hours and no benefits at all, no support and you have to buy all of your supplies
工作文化
The unit lesson plans are well organized, and help students to learn English efficiently. The lessons are engaging for students, and the feedback notes templates are readily available.
评价您最近的公司
分享您的经验以帮助其他人
工作文化
you have to sell yourself to parents. the extra work outside of class time is not worth the effort it tasks trying to gain clients. There are too many teachers and not enough clients.
make your own schedule
缺点
unpaid hours spent marketing yourself
工作文化
VIPKID has the potential to be a great company. They are not personal and teachers are a number. They do not help teachers with bookings. My bookings didn't start for 45 days. The money potential is there for a teacher but I was not able to get to my goal due to lack of bookings which the company does NOT assist with....
You set your own hours.
缺点
No help with bookings. Pay is low.
工作文化
If flexibility is your main priority, this job is the best for you. Make your schedule and there's no minimum you have to work. The pay is decent and VIPKid's online teaching platform is the best in comparison to its competitors. The biggest con is the hours. Because of the time zone difference, peak teaching times are between 6-9 a.m. and overnights for teachers in the US. It's easy to get burnt out if you're not careful. In terms of management, you'll never speak to anyone on the phone. Any and every concern is through the online platform. If that doesn't bother you, then this job is for you!
优点
Flexibility, pay, cute kids, online platform
缺点
Early teaching hours, parent standards, no direct line to management
工作文化
Good company. You get to work from home and pick your hours. The children are great! It is always fun. You are provided the lesson plans. The only issue sometimes is the language difference.
工作文化
I am a 4.8 apple teacher which is a very high rating on scale of five. The apple system causes parents to give a poor rating when they feel like they didn’t get what they paid for. The pressure from having to perform at a high energy level for 30 minutes straight to avoid was not worth the $8. I developed over-use injuries and had to seek medical assistance to alleviate the pain. Neck pain and headaches as well.
Flexibility of schedule
Pay
工作文化
If you don’t mind getting up early, you will enjoy this job. VIPKID had a strict cancellation policy, so if you have classes booked and you try to cancel several they will try to guilt you. This is a Chinese company. Cultures are different. I feel they are more controlling with our liberties than what they should be but like I said different cultures. It’s easy it make $1,000 a month if you can wake up early. They are 13 hours ahead of CST.
Good money, good kids
缺点
Cancellation policies, hard to move up or get raises
工作文化
Sure you can make your own hours around your home life. But that doesn’t mean that anyone will register for your classes. So you might just get no work at all. And the company won’t help you with that, and you really have zero Avenue to market yourself or improve your visibility.
工作文化
They don't care about you as a person, your emergencies, or health issues. It's their way or the highway. They said they would pay teachers if America didn't but yet they lower pay rates for their veteran teachers instead of helping them advance and move forward. It's really hard to know you are working so hard and so many hours just to receive a .50 increase if applicable according to their astringent table in a 6 month period.
工作文化
This job was great in that the students are so adorable and fun to work with. PROS: Flexible schedule (you pick your own), pay was up to $22/hr (I was making $21), the material and curriculum are done for you, and help was always available for tech issues.CONS: Although schedule was flexible, you mainly had to have early mornings or evenings free to get bookings. Eventually, that meant starting work at 2-4:30am. (Depending on your time zone) This eventually led to very odd eating and sleeping patterns. It’s absolutely doable during school and such, but it really catches up with you and is horrible for your health in the long term. Just because you have slots open for teaching doesn’t mean you’ll get booked. Lots of teachers were complaining of low bookings.The reason I left was because starting in the Fall of 2020 VIPKID has new contracts with a new pay scale. They made the pay scales super confusing and complicated so that you possibly may not notice the new contracts come with a significant pay deficit. $100+ loss for me per month. That’s why I left and that’s why my review is 3 stars. If they didn’t do that for the pay scale, I would have left a 4 star review because it was a helpful job through college.
Flexible schedule, pre-made curriculum
缺点
Pay cut with new contract, early hours, little sleep, low bookings
工作文化
After nearly 5 years, I've given up on VIPKID and am looking to liberate myself. When I first started, we were given constant incentives to work more hours, and we were compensated well for doing so. Unfortunately, things have been going downhill for the past 2 years. The IT help might as well be a bot, there is little to no communication with humans (other than the students of course), and we are not paid well.
choose your own schedule
缺点
optional hours to work, pay
工作文化
It’s a good place to accumulate extra income. It’s not a reliable income. You have to build your brand (yourself) and await for parents or learning partners to discover you out of 100,000 teachers. It takes time while some are fortunate and get booked right away.
优点
Easy income, relationship with students and parents
缺点
No guarantee of income or bookings
工作文化
This is a great option to make extra cash on the side. Some people also teach full-time however, a full-time schedule means flipping your daily schedule to teach late at night to early in the morning. That can be very exhausting to transition to a night schedule but if that’s what you are looking for it is perfect. The pay could be better but you are able to make good money at this job. It sometimes start off slow because students have teachers they like already but once you build a connection with your students they will continue to book you! The best part about this job is being able to set your own schedule and work from home!
工作文化
I have always loved my job, but bookings are falling a lot lately. I hope this can be resolved quickly. I want to continue working here as long as I can.
工作文化
I appreciate the freedom of being an independent contractor. Of course, more pay and incentives would be nice. As long as you realize this isn’t supposed to be a sole source of income (unless your needs a very slim) it’s great. I’m able to grow my savings, pay of bills and have fun with this job.
Choosing work hours
No guaranteed pay
工作文化
If you live in the US the hours can be grueling, since everything is based off of China time. Bookings are not guaranteed and you have to teach every day of the week if you want to make a decent income (if this is your full-time gig). Bookings are highly dependent on the students schedule; so you can work a lot during summer, but when school is in session you will see a dramatic decrease in bookings.
优点
Great community with lots of helpful resources for fellow teachers.
缺点
Periods of low-bookings, no way of blocking students you don't want to book you.
工作文化
I enjoy working for VIPKID because I can work in the middle of the night and teach delightful students at many levels of their English development. It could compensate more but I love it.
Cut Bao Baos