VIPKid

已找到符合搜索的180条评价
查看 1,178 条评论
公司待遇好、而且很有前景、公司文化氛围也很好;老人不欺负新人,也没有尔虞我诈。同事们都很年轻,90-95年居多。跟大家在一起工作我觉得非常开心。。
工作文化
The parents and the students were fantastic, however, the management is incredibly strict. If you miss more than a couple days of being sick you will most likely be terminated.
优点
The pay, the hours, the students
缺点
No insurance, no sick leave, no real sense of stability
工作文化
I worked there for a few years. The pay is really good but the cut back on positions. Management was flexible about my schedule. It wasn’t perfect but I enjoyed working there overall.
工作文化
It has systemtical system to ensure smooth operation every staff's work.the most excellent factor is all colleague were friendly, so it would be easy for new guy to adapt into the new environment.
flexible timetable
缺点
some problem about the rules
工作文化
It's more akin to a pyramid scheme than an actual job. You have to pay out of pocket for everything: internet, headphones, computer, class props, etc. You have two hours- yes that's right- you have two hours of "sick leave" no matter how many hours you work.
评价您最近的公司
分享您的经验以帮助其他人
工作文化
Easy job if you can handle the early hours. Kids are usually great. I have been here almost 5 years and it has allowed me to stay home with my kids. No prep work after a few weeks
工作文化
Love the work. I love teaching the students but the company reduced our pay and got rid of pay raises. It is an easy to use platform and there are great Facebook support groups.
Flexible schedule
缺点
Very early hours, reduced oay
工作文化
It’s a legitimate company that gives you an opportunity to make money while teaching and interacting with awesome kids in China. Super flexible schedule. Good pay. The students are so respectful and willing to connect and share. Ability to move up to higher level of classes where you’ll teach students as old as 15/16 who speak more fluent and the conversation is just more natural and enjoyable and teaching can really become rewarding. Timing for bookings can be rough when dealing with Chinese time zones. Also, can get lonely since there is no employee interaction, all online face to face with students. You’ll never actually meet someone from the company other than when you get interviewed.
优点
Super flexible schedule, Good pay, students are so respectful and willing to share, Ability to move up to higher level of classes, where you’ll teach students as old as fifteen years old, fluent and the conversation is just more natural and enjoyable, teaching can really become rewarding
缺点
Timing for bookings can be rough when dealing with Chinese time zones, can get lonely since there is no employee interaction, all online face to face with students, You’ll never actually meet someone from the company other than when you get interviewed
工作文化
Good place to work, allows you to schedule around your life. They have user friendly software and easy steps to follow. VIPKID records every lesson you teach from the moment you enter the classroom.
Convience
Cancellation policys
工作文化
Great company, supportive staff, you get what you put in, no bs the only propblem is you have to wake up at like 4 am in California because that’s when Chinese kids are awake. They train you and you get what you put in.
Helping children
Have to work Chinese hours
工作文化
Work as much or as little as you want. Lots of workshops and other training opportunities to help you feel comfortable. Only complaint is that it only pays about $20/hr, but requires a bachelor’s degree and other certification
Kids are so adorable
缺点
No guarantee of work or pay, can take 3-6 months to get parents to start signing up for your classes
工作文化
I’ve worked for VIPKID for 4 years and am on my 8th contract. I’ve had a positive experience overall. There have been growing pains as the company has expanded, but that happens with all businesses. I’m thankful for the work/life balance as I set my own hours.
优点
Flexibility, great kids, just teaching
缺点
Mercy of the parents for bookings and ratings
工作文化
VIPkid is a great way to earn a little extra money on the side. At first, it takes awhile to get any bookings. DO NOT miss your first week. You are boosted on the administrative side for the first week and then you are put in the same pool as the thousands of other teachers fighting to get students and regulars. After a few months of bookings you start to see your regulars and things are pretty good. You get to set your own hours, however, you work on Beijing time. Which, depending on Daylight Savings, is 12-13 hours ahead. So when students are taking classes (which is during 5-9pm at night for them, you are teaching at 5-9 in the morning. Make sure you are prepared to wake up that early. You don't necessarily have to wake up that early, but you cannot book any classes from 9am-8pm EST. Its purely early morning or late at night.
优点
great for extra cash, can make more with more classes
缺点
early mornings, not worth it with only a few classes
工作文化
I was so excited to work for VIP KID, but since COVID hit it is really hard to get clients since so many people applied. It seems there are not enough students for everybody. And now they expect you to pay to get more students? You do not get raises. You get $7 per class, which is crazy considering the amount of prep that goes with each class. There are no raises and the only ways to get more money per class are if you book over a certain amount of students. You can be an amazing teacher and not get students (because they cannot find you out of the millions of options) or you can be a subpar teacher that uses no props and still get booked. It seems so random to me. You have to work in the middle of the night if you want a lot of students it seems.
优点
You get to work from home and set your own hours (kind of) its only from like 11pm-8am
缺点
horrible pay and hours and no benefits at all, no support and you have to buy all of your supplies
工作文化
The unit lesson plans are well organized, and help students to learn English efficiently. The lessons are engaging for students, and the feedback notes templates are readily available.
工作文化
you have to sell yourself to parents. the extra work outside of class time is not worth the effort it tasks trying to gain clients. There are too many teachers and not enough clients.
make your own schedule
缺点
unpaid hours spent marketing yourself
工作文化
VIPKID has the potential to be a great company. They are not personal and teachers are a number. They do not help teachers with bookings. My bookings didn't start for 45 days. The money potential is there for a teacher but I was not able to get to my goal due to lack of bookings which the company does NOT assist with....
You set your own hours.
缺点
No help with bookings. Pay is low.
工作文化
If flexibility is your main priority, this job is the best for you. Make your schedule and there's no minimum you have to work. The pay is decent and VIPKid's online teaching platform is the best in comparison to its competitors. The biggest con is the hours. Because of the time zone difference, peak teaching times are between 6-9 a.m. and overnights for teachers in the US. It's easy to get burnt out if you're not careful. In terms of management, you'll never speak to anyone on the phone. Any and every concern is through the online platform. If that doesn't bother you, then this job is for you!
优点
Flexibility, pay, cute kids, online platform
缺点
Early teaching hours, parent standards, no direct line to management
工作文化
Good company. You get to work from home and pick your hours. The children are great! It is always fun. You are provided the lesson plans. The only issue sometimes is the language difference.
工作文化
I am a 4.8 apple teacher which is a very high rating on scale of five. The apple system causes parents to give a poor rating when they feel like they didn’t get what they paid for. The pressure from having to perform at a high energy level for 30 minutes straight to avoid was not worth the $8. I developed over-use injuries and had to seek medical assistance to alleviate the pain. Neck pain and headaches as well.
Flexibility of schedule
Pay
工作文化
If you don’t mind getting up early, you will enjoy this job. VIPKID had a strict cancellation policy, so if you have classes booked and you try to cancel several they will try to guilt you. This is a Chinese company. Cultures are different. I feel they are more controlling with our liberties than what they should be but like I said different cultures. It’s easy it make $1,000 a month if you can wake up early. They are 13 hours ahead of CST.
Good money, good kids
缺点
Cancellation policies, hard to move up or get raises
  1. 雇员点评