VIPKid

地点
已找到符合搜索的65条评价
查看 1,178 条评论
工作文化
I’ve worked for VIPKID for 4 years and am on my 8th contract. I’ve had a positive experience overall. There have been growing pains as the company has expanded, but that happens with all businesses. I’m thankful for the work/life balance as I set my own hours.
优点
Flexibility, great kids, just teaching
缺点
Mercy of the parents for bookings and ratings
工作文化
Easy job if you can handle the early hours. Kids are usually great. I have been here almost 5 years and it has allowed me to stay home with my kids. No prep work after a few weeks
工作文化
It’s a legitimate company that gives you an opportunity to make money while teaching and interacting with awesome kids in China. Super flexible schedule. Good pay. The students are so respectful and willing to connect and share. Ability to move up to higher level of classes where you’ll teach students as old as 15/16 who speak more fluent and the conversation is just more natural and enjoyable and teaching can really become rewarding. Timing for bookings can be rough when dealing with Chinese time zones. Also, can get lonely since there is no employee interaction, all online face to face with students. You’ll never actually meet someone from the company other than when you get interviewed.
优点
Super flexible schedule, Good pay, students are so respectful and willing to share, Ability to move up to higher level of classes, where you’ll teach students as old as fifteen years old, fluent and the conversation is just more natural and enjoyable, teaching can really become rewarding
缺点
Timing for bookings can be rough when dealing with Chinese time zones, can get lonely since there is no employee interaction, all online face to face with students, You’ll never actually meet someone from the company other than when you get interviewed
工作文化
VIPkid is a great way to earn a little extra money on the side. At first, it takes awhile to get any bookings. DO NOT miss your first week. You are boosted on the administrative side for the first week and then you are put in the same pool as the thousands of other teachers fighting to get students and regulars. After a few months of bookings you start to see your regulars and things are pretty good. You get to set your own hours, however, you work on Beijing time. Which, depending on Daylight Savings, is 12-13 hours ahead. So when students are taking classes (which is during 5-9pm at night for them, you are teaching at 5-9 in the morning. Make sure you are prepared to wake up that early. You don't necessarily have to wake up that early, but you cannot book any classes from 9am-8pm EST. Its purely early morning or late at night.
优点
great for extra cash, can make more with more classes
缺点
early mornings, not worth it with only a few classes
工作文化
Good company. You get to work from home and pick your hours. The children are great! It is always fun. You are provided the lesson plans. The only issue sometimes is the language difference.
评价您最近的公司
分享您的经验以帮助其他人
工作文化
If you don’t mind getting up early, you will enjoy this job. VIPKID had a strict cancellation policy, so if you have classes booked and you try to cancel several they will try to guilt you. This is a Chinese company. Cultures are different. I feel they are more controlling with our liberties than what they should be but like I said different cultures. It’s easy it make $1,000 a month if you can wake up early. They are 13 hours ahead of CST.
Good money, good kids
缺点
Cancellation policies, hard to move up or get raises
工作文化
Sure you can make your own hours around your home life. But that doesn’t mean that anyone will register for your classes. So you might just get no work at all. And the company won’t help you with that, and you really have zero Avenue to market yourself or improve your visibility.
工作文化
This is a great option to make extra cash on the side. Some people also teach full-time however, a full-time schedule means flipping your daily schedule to teach late at night to early in the morning. That can be very exhausting to transition to a night schedule but if that’s what you are looking for it is perfect. The pay could be better but you are able to make good money at this job. It sometimes start off slow because students have teachers they like already but once you build a connection with your students they will continue to book you! The best part about this job is being able to set your own schedule and work from home!
工作文化
I have always loved my job, but bookings are falling a lot lately. I hope this can be resolved quickly. I want to continue working here as long as I can.
工作文化
I enjoy working at VipKid because I choose the hours I can work. I can stay at home and work while my family is asleep and then be available for my family the rest of the day. The downsides are that my schedule is rarely booked full, so I don’t earn what I hoped to each month and there is a lot of variability in how much I get booked each month depending on the school season. It’s also hard at times to get up so early each morning to teach. My hours are generally from 5 to 8am and 4 to 7am in the winter time.
优点
Flexible schedule, work at home, great kids to teach, little prep time
缺点
Early mornings, no guarantees in getting bookings
工作文化
I think Vipkid is a solid company. I feel like the scholars are eager to learn the content contained in the curriculum. I enjoy teaching the young scholars of Vipkid. It feels like a cultural exchange every interaction. Overall, working for Vipkid is a duty that impacts scholars from China in a positive way.
Flexible hours
Limited bookings
工作文化
I like working for VIPKid, but lately the bookings have gone way down. I am hoping that I can pick up more of a half full at least schedule. I know it has been difficult during this virus, but I'm hoping (unfortunately) since they had to lock back down in China, that classes begin to pick up again, due to boredom.
优点
Work remotely on my own schedule
缺点
Not consistent; wouldn't rely on as main income
工作文化
I was contracted to work at the head office for one year in Beijing. It was less than that as they broke their own contract by laying me as we all about 40 percent of the company unexpectedly with no warning or regard for seniority. They did not respect work life balances. You're expected to work on what management tells you at any time with out explanation or reason. Aside from that on the surface I do think this company has or at one point had great values. My coworker s we bright young individuals with love for what they do. I think this company went from costumer centered to stakeholder centered
工作文化
You can work wherever in the world and set your own availability. Its very useful when living in an environment where working early mornings or late nights is beneficial.
工作文化
VIPKid is good for making money on the side--not reliable as main income as you can't get enough hours unless you work all night and have no other life. Getting sick or going into labor early are real concerns with this job as there is a basically flexibility when you cancel classes. Students can cancel up to 24 hours with no repercussions, but you the teacher can never cancel a class once it has been booked without it counting against you. This means students can book you during the normal booking hours then drop the class and you may not get rebooked at that time. There is no one-on-one communication with VIPKid if you need support, but if you are a Type A person who can manage your schedule well within the rules, it works.
工作文化
Mostly young guys in this company,you can get along with your partner well. And many colleagues are young ladies,you will full of energy if you work with them.
Free afternoon tea
nothing
工作文化
Great experience at VIPKID. Love it and hope to continue for the future. Making connections with these children is precious and inspiring. I like working in the early hours and having my day to myself.
VIPKid的官方回复
2019年12月30日
We are honored that you love using our platform! Thank you so much!
工作文化
Every day, I wake up extremely early in the morning (to adjust for Beijing time) and I teach very motivated students how to read, write, speak, and listen well in English.
工作文化
I have been with VIPKID for over 2 years now. I really enjoy the flexibility of working from home. The work is carefully programmed and executed on the company's Teaching App. It is easy to make good money as an Independent contractor.
VIPKid的官方回复
2019年11月12日
VIPKID really appreciates your kind words. We work hard every day to offer an even better environment to the amazing teachers in our platform!
工作文化
working with kids in China is rewarding as they all want and need to learn English. It is challenging as there is a sixteen hour time difference between Beijing and where I live.
工作文化
VIPKid is a great company to work for. I have been with them for almost 2 years. One of the pros is the ability and flexibility to work from home. The con is the odd working hours since many students are located in China and one may have to work at odd times like from midnight to 8 am depending on time zone.
优点
Flexible hours, work from home
odd hours working schedule