Wall Street English

地点
已找到符合搜索的65条评价
查看 354 条评论
工作文化
Overall, I find it a good place to work. It's well organised and the working environment is great. It's a good choice if you want to teach adults. The hours are not very sociable though. If you want a decent salary and sociable working hours, you'd probably be better off in a high school or international school.
工作文化
Overall, they are one of the best in their industry. There is room to grow in the company. There are often changes in management and a lack of communication, especially with policy changes.
Good work / life balance
缺点
High turnover in management positions
工作文化
Overall the company is fine. But you just can't ignore the fact that as an English edcuation company, they have no intention to teach English. The workload was quite heavy, and they treat locals and foreign teachers differently.
decent pay
dull working environment, homophobic
工作文化
I worked at a branch in China. It was quite good for being my first place of work in the country. The pay was good for China. Normal 40 hr work week. The only negative side to it were the work hours. We had to work in the afternoons and evenings and on weekends which is when you would usually have your social life. Also it's quite repetitive so after a few months you're quite bored.
salary, location, culture
schedule, boring
工作文化
The company only cares about money and hides behind the guise of helping them improve their language skills. Company does not allow adequate break times
Nice students
缺点
They are liars who post fake reviews saying they are good
评价您最近的公司
分享您的经验以帮助其他人
工作文化
In China, WSE is considered to be the best English school. I taught 5 classes a day and had to work at other location sometimes. Once you learn the lessons, teaching them is easy. Great students and Chinese teachers.
Facilties, management, students
缺点
Flaky teachers who don't show up.
工作文化
Some managers were very good and professional. Most were totally unprofessional and pushy. However, as a teacher, you have a great degree of autonomy in your classroom and you can make the atmosphere as relaxed and enjoyable as you like, inside the classroom.
工作文化
Wall Street English is a fun and exciting company to work for. It provided me the opportunity to travel Asia while working and saving money. Would recommend to anyone with a desire to travel.
工作文化
Company made all employees work the month of February on full schedule then cut the pay in half a week before payday. They then went on to fire 50% of the workforce illegally without giving any notice, leaving many foreign staff unable to pay their rent or bills and having to either go back to their home country or scramble to find a new job during the Corona Virus outbreak
Some good colleagues
All of the above
工作文化
This company generally provided a good environment, but all newly hired teachers went to the school with the worst manager, in the Guangzhou area, because teachers left their jobs there most often.
Pleasant, upscale environment
缺点
Bad managers are not dealt with effectively by upper management.
工作文化
Teacher : variety of classroom settings ranging from 4 to 9 to 15 students. English Corner a few times a week and use of multi-media for teaching which included PowerPoint.
工作文化
It was my first company where I've spend almost 10 years, during that time, I've grown up to a mature and experienced manager, trainer and specialist. It means a lot to me both professionally and personally.
工作文化
Great flexibility and stylish working locations. However, the company will often delay salary payments with little to no warning. During February 2020, the company assured workers several times that salaries would be paid in full. But on 26 February, the company announced that all salaries would be cut by just over 50% in violation of government regulations and labor laws. Just a few days away from March, and the percentage of salaries the company intends to pay is still not confirmed. Be wary of working for Wall Street English, as their employment contracts are not honored. WSE has stated that they no longer have funds to sustain salary payments.
工作文化
You might have enough stretch in this job. like how to communicate with people and how to manage your stress. and recommend to read more. but over time work too much.
Free lunch
Over time work
工作文化
Working as a service manager for Wall Street English in China is a constantly changing challenge. Customer expectations are high, competition is high, and the economy has potential but it quite volatile.
工作文化
Teaching in a fun and relaxing place and co-workers are very friendly and staff has equal opportunity to get promoted. Work and personal lift can be balanced well at Wall Street English.
工作文化
Working at Wall Street was a very fulling time. I got a chance to live abroad and meet lots of interesting people. I learned and grew as an individual. Wall Street English was wonderful to work.
工作文化
As WSE is an adult language training institution, the working hours are generally 1-9pm Mon-Fri and 11-7 on weekends. Over the 7 years I have worked for the company I have met some great people while learning many different things about management. During my time as the Service Manager I was responsible for quality assurance, meetings and training, supporting the sales team, while teaching during the peak times to meet our students along with other projects.
工作文化
Working in China is stressful enough with disorganized company being quite common, Wall Street English stands out as being very organized and structured for staff. Although in any given day you may encounter a schedule change they are not the norm and usually not done at the last minute. The students are great to train and teach and the staff enjoy a great balance of work, professionalism and fun.
优点
Always paid on time, organized, good HR team.
Slow to change, 2019 major restructuring
工作文化
A company helmed by people without professional or business experience (some without even a Bachelors degree) promoted to their positions simply because they’ve managed to hang on in the company for so long. Management is problematic. Too many chiefs and not enough Indians. Human Resources is virtually nonexistent and there is little to no follow up or accountability anywhere. Even payroll fails to arrive timely. Sales is the best at bait and switch, leading to record numbers of complaints and not a few refunds. Equipment and materials are embarrassingly old and outdated..imagine teaching a business professional and your company laptop doesn’t work... worse, your course material refers to cutting edge technology like the Blackberry and car phone. Embarrassing. ”Project consultant” was a made up name created in an effort to circumvent labor law overtime requirements. This is really just a teaching position that students pay 3x as much for. And that you are actually paid less for. .
优点
Coffee in the centers, Western toilets
Too many to list.
工作文化
I had already been in the ESL industry for four years by the time I joined Wall Street English. I had only taught kids before joining but they assist you with getting used to teaching adults. In China, there are four different class types. Some classes are 1:1 and some are with groups - it's nice to mix it up. Because everything is pre-planned by the company, there's little to no planning (after you get used to the material). They pay much more than competing training centers in Beijing (EF for example) and in Beijing, they provide a housing allowance which makes it more affordable and easier to save. Working in their training centers is a great way to step into the industry and learn a lot of teaching but it can get repetitive at times. They promote from within though so if you're hardworking and you'd like to advance in the company, there are quite a few opportunities. You can transfer to recruitment, you can become a supervisor/manager, team leader, etc.
Job Advancement, Training, Methodology, Teaching Adults